- English: For bot flag requests go to Wikivortaro:Bots.
- Ido: Pro la bot-permiso, envenez Wikivortaro:Bots.
- 1 Pri la historio dil Idala Wikivortaro
- 2 Facenda taski por omni
- 3 Kritiko kontre Wikivortaro
- 4 Debati
- 4.1 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 4.2 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 4.3 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 4.4 Server switch 2016
- 4.5 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 4.6 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 4.7 Save/Publish
- 4.8 Forms of English words
- 4.9 Compound words
- 4.10 RevisionSlider
- 4.11 Wikidata for Wiktionary: let’s get ready for lexicographical data!
- 4.12 Grants to improve your project
- 4.13 Creative Commons 4.0
- 4.14 Password reset
- 4.15 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 4.16 New way to edit wikitext
- 4.17 komputero
Pri la historio dil Idala Wikivortaro[redaktar]
Kelka punti de la historio di Wikivortaro esas hike.
Facenda taski por omni[redaktar]
- La linguale helpinda pagini esas hike.
- La linguale revizinda pagini esas hike.
- La pagini qui bezonas tradukar esas hike.
Kritiko kontre Wikivortaro[redaktar]
”Wikivortaro esas tre eroroza e kontrolata da ulu preske diktatoratre.” da Gilles-Philippe Morin (alias TheLazyDog) ye 31 di julio 2016 che sua retoloko bovino-lakto.rhcloud.com.
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![redaktar]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[redaktar]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[redaktar]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 17:47, 31 di marto 2016 (UTC)
Server switch 2016[redaktar]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 21:08, 17 di aprilo 2016 (UTC)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[redaktar]
Please help translate to your language
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki which you may seen already in the Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the soon for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. The main announcement can also be translated on this page. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-13:06, 29 di junio 2016 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[redaktar]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-03:05, 1 di julio 2016 (UTC)
Forms of English words[redaktar]
As you can see, other Wiktionaries have lots of pages for the forms of English words. (mainly plurals and verb forms) But at Ido Wiktionary, they are just redirects created a decade ago. This policy should be changed to reflect the other projects; the forms of English words must be remade as common entries. This is also good for bots' interwiki-linking. I edited some pages for demonstration along with OctraBot's work. In the future, I have a plan to convert these redirects to entries. That's what I must tell. --Octahedron80 (talk) 00:36, 6 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- Hello Octahedron80! Thank you for participating Ido Wiktionary. Do not get angry but you made quite a massive attack. Generally one makes first a suggestion and after discussion we take measures. That is why there are now a lot of points to be discussed.
- · The lack of English plurals comes from the point of view that this Wiktionary is first of all in (and for) the Ido language. In Ido all the plural forms are regular. Why we should bother about oblique forms of the other languages? I know (and I hope you know, too) languages which have much more complicated morphology than the English. Should we add all the plurals and other oblique forms of all the languages?
- · In the point of lexicology the regular plural forms are the matter of grammar (especially of the morphology). That is why the regular plural forms of Ido do not need the pages of their own. The irregular forms of other languages only are worth of mention in the dictionary (man-men, mouse-mice etc.). But I must admit that Wiktionaries of various languages give even regular plurals (and sometimes other forms). So what one can do but surrender and do as the majority does?
- · I anticipate that the next step in this unification is that the English compound words need their pages in the Ido Wiktionary, too. The system of the compound words in the English is almost without rules. Much simplier way is to separate compound words into pieces and give the translations in that way because if you do not know the English good enough, you can't know when you have to search a compound word or just one word.
- · You used the suffix -end- in "tradukenda vorti". So you say that the words have to be translated. I used the suffix -ind- (see for example the frontpage). It means that the words are worth of translation. This is a case of opinions. And again I say that this is Wiktionary for the Ido language. The separation of languages into groups (for the translation) is not the main issue here. One can find all the words in one list but I believe that occasional user goes straight to the page (s)he wants to translate. Nevertheless the separation made by you is usable, so let it be there.
- · In all, it is very thankworthy that an "outsider" (no blame!) looks at this Wiktionary. And as a hint: we have not the Thai language here! --Arto (talk) 07:39, 6 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- "Should we add all the plurals and other oblique forms of all the languages?" That should do either. I have seen (and cleanup) nearly hundred of Wiktionaries. They are not forbidden to create any forms. --Octahedron80 (talk) 07:47, 6 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- About "tradukenda vorti" categories, I don't know better words to name; just got from 'vartas' template talk. You can rename those to more proper name. --Octahedron80 (talk) 07:57, 6 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry about massive creation because it's so easy to make. However, some common English plural forms still share same spellings with other languages; it is unavoidably to mention to the forms. --Octahedron80 (talk) 08:01, 6 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- I don't know much about English compound words, especially idioms that still make me look in dictionaries. I may help with Thai entries, but I must know some Ido vocabulary. --Octahedron80 (talk) 08:10, 6 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- Firstly, my bot is going to cleanup interwiki every entries. It can do other tasks in the same time. I think I can make it add language codes to 'vartas' templates later. --Octahedron80 (talk) 08:26, 6 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
About compound words, as I have contributed at English Wiktionary for long time, I will give a basic advice. They have a policy that NOT to include "sum of parts" (SOP). It means if there is a compound word, it must have at least one NEW meaning other than the original words, or, it must unavoidably match with other language's term to be included. Out of these will be considered SOP and get deleted. For example, you can have get up, get down, get on, get in, get out, etc (phrasal verbs & idioms) but not for "get money". However, some terms may look doubted so they need to discuss everyday. --Octahedron80 (talk) 01:04, 7 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- · I know very well that there are in English language compound words which are not sum of parts. There are in every language such idioms, the English is not an exception. But if we think how a person who does not know the (English, among others) idioms, acts when (s)he finds an idiom: (s)he tears it into parts and tries to find though the main parts of the idiom the right entries in the dictionary. Even you act in this way if you want to understand an idiom of a language which you don't understand.
- · Generally the idioms are situated under the main word. For example, "get up" is in the (printed) dictionary under "get". You can see "get up" breaking the alphabetical order when "get-away", "getting" and "get-up" (and so on) come later in the dictionary.
- · We should remember that this is Wiktionary for the Ido language. For example, if there is only one explanation for "get up", it could be in the page of "get". If there are coming more and more entries under "get up", we can open a new page for it. In this stage, I see no need to imitate the English Wiktionary. We can connect the Wiktionaries through the redirected pages, if it is necessary. --Arto (talk) 06:33, 7 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- "must" or "should" be separated? --Arto (talk) 10:03, 16 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
- I think must. Because many compound words cannot just fit into a sense. A lexeme (AKA a word or an entry) will have cross-language definitions; sub-definitions won't be included. You may not do separation right now. But we will definitely face the problem in the future. I just warn with good faith.--Octahedron80 (talk) 12:22, 16 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 15:08, 12 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
Wikidata for Wiktionary: let’s get ready for lexicographical data![redaktar]
Sorry for writing this message in English, please feel free to translate it in your own language below.
The Wikidata development team will start working on integrating lexicographical data in the knowledge base soon and we want to make sure we do this together with you.
Wikidata is a constantly evolving project and after four years of existence, we start with implementing support for Wiktionary editors and content, by allowing you to store and improve lexicographical data, in addition to the concepts already maintained by thousands of editors on Wikidata.
We have been working on this idea for almost three years and improving it with a lot of inputs from community members to understand Wiktionary processes.
Starting this project, we hope that the editors will be able to collaborate across Wiktionaries more easily. We expect to increase the number of editors and visibility of languages, and we want to provide the groundwork for new tools for editors.
Our development plan contains several phases in order to build the structure to include lexicographical data:
- creating automatic interwiki links on Wiktionary,
- creating new entity types for lexemes, senses, and forms on Wikidata,
- providing data access to Wikidata from Wiktionary
- improving the display of lexicographical information on Wikidata.
During the next months, we will do our best to provide you the technical structure to store lexicographical data on Wikidata and use it on Wiktionary. Don’t hesitate to discuss this within your local community, and give us feedback about your needs and the particularities of your languages.
Information about supporting lexicographical entities on Wikidata is available on this page. You can find an overview of the project, the detail of the development plan, answers to frequently asked questions, and a list of people ready to help us. If you want to have general discussions and questions about the project, please use the general talk page, as we won’t be able to follow all the talk pages on Wiktionaries. If you don’t feel comfortable with English, you can write in your own language and hopefully someone will volunteer to translate.
Grants to improve your project[redaktar]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0[redaktar]
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 01:35, 6 di oktobro 2016 (UTC)
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (Diskutez) / MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:59, 13 di novembro 2016 (UTC)
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[redaktar]
New way to edit wikitext[redaktar]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --19:32, 14 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
Ca debato esas lokizita hike, en tale dicita neutrala areno.
Mea reakto pri blokuso venis de la chanjo di la vorto komputoro per komputero. Ni du (Algentem e TheLazyDog) facis omna chanji ensemble por nia skopo. Me timis ke plusa tala masiva chanji rapide eventos da vi. Se ulo en Wikivortaro esas totale nekorekte, on mustus diskutar antee pri la kozo e ne springar sur nekorektaji. Ni povas imaginar quala pelmelo e kombato eventus, se omna chanji esus igita sen delibero o pondero.
Meaopinione esas egala se la vorto hike esas komputoro o komputero. Tala mikra chanjo esas facile igita. Ma se on vortifas renverse vorti komputar e komputo kreante nova radiko komput-, la rezulto ne esas korekta pro ke tala radiko ankore en Ido ne existas. Se ni uzus radiko komput- adjuntante sufixo er, ni recevas komputero, qua signifikus ”ulu qua kustumas komputar”.
Me havas nula kontre la formo komputero (por la aparato), ma ol mustas havas radiko komputer-. La vortifo mustas finar hike e me deziras efacar pagini pri komputar, komputo. --Arto (talk) 16:08, 26 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
- Artomo, vua mesajo astonas me. Me skribis precize pro quo la sufixo -er- esas valida en mea artiklo, ma semblas ke vu ne parlektis lu. Segun la Complete Manual e la Kompleta Gramatiko, lu signifikas "ulu od ulo qua kustumas komputar per su ipsa." Kande on uzas komputero, la komputero komputas (kalkulas, t.e. exekutas algoritmi e programi) por servar nia demandi. Regretinde Dyer semblas restriktir -er- ad omna vivanti, ma nia libri gramatikala deskonkordas. Pro to la Kompleta Gramatiko dicas "krozero" dum ke Dyer dicas "kroz-navo". Nu, mem la Wikivortaro havas krozero e semblas ke vu ipsa kreis la pagino. Tala uzado di -er- esas multe plu internaciona kam -il-, quale lo demonstras komputero kompare a komputilo. Vu trovos plusa detali en mea artiklo. Me esperas, ke vu komprenas nun ke mea chanji en la Wikivortaro fondesis sur bona gramatiko ed internacioneso vice personala prefero (nam me ipsa olim preferis komputilo erste on montris a me la distingo da Dyer). --TheLazyDog (talk) 17:13, 26 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
Me ja parlektis tua blogo e ni pensas similatre pri la vorto komputero e pri la sufixo .er. Ma se ni dividas ol aden morfemi, nia opinioni dissimileskas, ka ne? Me opinionas ke la vortoradiko esas komputer- sen vortifanta sufixo er. (Tu trovas plusa .er.o-vorti facile.) Me repetas, ma se er esus hike vortifanta sufixo, ni havus anke altra vorti kun la radiko komput-. Amiko, tu mustus kombatar pro ca nova radiko, ne nur pro la un vorto.
E se tu trovas hike ula vorto, aceptebla o ne-aceptebla, voluntez e ne pensez, ke omna vorti venas de mea kapo. Me kolektas materio omnaloke por la Wikivortaro. --Arto (talk) 17:50, 26 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
- Kun la radiko kroz, on advere trovas nur krozo, krozar e krozero en la Wikivortaro. Same, remorko, remorkar e remorkilo (qua devus esar remorkero) por la radiko remork. Simile, quo esus mala kun komputo, komputar, komputero, e mem komputisto e komputebla? Onu ne refuzis kroz e remork por la sama exkuzi kam la vua. --TheLazyDog (talk) 21:20, 26 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
La questiono pri ula specala vorto e lua semantiko sempre demandas kuntexto ed exemplala frazi. Tu ne povas kategoriale dicar ke exemple remorkilo mustas esar sempre remorkero o komputilo mustas sempre esas komputero. La linguo esas flexebla sistemo e la kombinuri di la semantikala alternativi esas imensa. Irgu povas, adminime talenta poeti povas, sempre imaginar ula fantaziala kuntexto, en qua ula neracionala vorto esas uzebla ed aceptebla.
Ni bezonas multa exemplala frazi hike che omna pagini pri Idala vorti. Exempli pri uzado helpas plu multe kam senfina debato pri ula specala vortoformo. Me tre esperas, ke tu, talenta amiko, perceptus, quala laboro reale esas bezonata en Wikivortaro. --Arto (talk) 10:16, 27 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
- Me venis hike por "kombatar" por komput-, ma nun vu argumentas pri fantazio ed exempli en la Wikivortaro. Vu esas extertema, ka ne? Se vu lo deziras, kreez nova topiko pri tala temi. Ma pri komput-ilo, la Kompleta Gramatiko klare explikas, ke aparato qua komputas (per su ipsa) esas komput-ero. --TheLazyDog (talk) 15:25, 27 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
Me ne introduktis nova temo e ne iris exter temo. Me volas emfazar, ke en Wikivortaro esas granda amaso diversatipa taski. Un ek li esas exempli, qui montras la uzo di ula vorti.
Me pensas ke tu nun savas mea vidopunto e me savas tua. Esas neutila durar yes-no-debato, pro ke ni komencas repetor. Mealatere la formo komputero restez hike, e ni povas probable vartar ulu, quo pensas altre pri la vorto. La menciono per la shablono che la pagini pri la neoficaleso e relatanta ridirektili suficas por me. Ka tala status quo konvenas por tu nun e che la altra simila kozi?
Mealatere nia diskuto darfez finar, o ka tu pensas altre? Kande me skribis pri la kombato (vorti uzesas anke metafore!), me pensis, ke tu devas anuncar tua opiniono en altra areni, exemple che Yahoo-listi o che FB, ube la majortitato de Idisti esas kontaktebla. La prima problemo esas, ke la Direktanta Komitato ankore mankas linguala sekretario. Ni du ne povas chanjar la statuso di la radiko komput-, ma altra Idisti povas dicar lia opinioni. --Arto (talk) 16:09, 27 di decembro 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, la status quo konvenas a me nam irgakaze komputero esas neoficala. Me ja disdonis la ligilo a mea artiklo en Reddit e Telegram (qui esas kustumale aktiva) e la ligilo a nia diskutado en Telegram. Regretinde nulu semblas interesesar da la ideo donar sua opiniono. Danko! --TheLazyDog (talk) 16:24, 27 di decembro 2016 (UTC)